helping my bro with spyware

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
i just got off a VERY long session of remote assistance with my brother (hes 26). originally, it was just to install flash player for him, but then i noticed he had unneeded toolbars, icons and programs. so i installed adaware on his comp. did a scan "168 items found". deleted all of them. next, i did spybot search and distroy. found some things, deleted them, immunized. did hijack this, removed registry keys.

after ALL that, one would think that all of the spyware got removed....right? wrong!!! i redid all that. and STILL there was shit left. how do i remove all of it?

u will need to boot in safe mode so that (hopefully) none of the spyware is running and it can be removed with adaware, spybot...ect

Spybot,Adware, Webroot Spysweeper
Keep doing scans! make sure that both progs are updated
safe mode
msconfig to disable every thing

natej315 said:
msconfig to disable every thing

That onlt prevents un-wanted items to boot up with the OS, but if the OS rely's on certain items in the startup it will put them back reguardless. although this is an effective way to get rid of pesky things that startup wether you want them to or not...example:

windows media player/ windows messanger/ ect.. i have to agree w/the scan from safe mode, you also have to be careful of what you let be deleted or quarentined, if the OS needs a certain .dll it will make other programs not work.

well if hes gona do that just prevent it after by downloading all the spyware protection and keep well away from IE and switch to firefox if he hasnt already

Back
Top Bottom