Help Wanted....Internet Disconnection

shanno99

Beta member
I have a problem...ever since i formatted my computer (don't know if this is the cause...just has been since) whenever i start surfing the net....every 2-5 mins my net drops out for bout 20 seconds...then reconnects....this is mostly noticeable when i am on msn messenger...version 7.5 as it is constantly disconnecting and i can never have a good chat lol haha.....i was just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem be4...or know anything bout it...i hav an ADSL connection 1500/256...with a D-Link 302G modem...connected to a Netgear 8 port switch...i dno if thats any help but if you hav any ideas of wat mite be causing this i would like to hear it ...thanx

Dude he joined November 2nd, 2005 and has 1 post, do you think he will be coming back lol..

hahaha true dat, well what do you think guys? isp problem or driver issue?, i remember i had that problem before, then all of a sudden it stopped, i read that 7.5 does that alot to some computers, and i read some that required drivers beause xp didnt self install some certain modems

Dev0115 said:
Dude he joined November 2nd, 2005 and has 1 post, do you think he will be coming back lol..

lol didnt see the amount of posts he had.

well my problem started after i reinstalled xp. i have a belkin routor and i notice that the internet light would be looking good and then would turn off. i thought thats strange and when i tried to download the updates for everythign it all kept losing the connection. but i believe it might be a routor problem as i installed a modem and it worked perfectly. also im getting appalling speeds off the routor in the region of an ISDN on a 2Mb line. with the modem the speeds are at what they should be. i might try a firmware update to see if it helps. its a belkin f5d7632-UK 4. im just going to have a look for an update now to see if ut will work

Back
Top Bottom