HELP...Want to build computer

george2

Daemon Poster
I want to build a computer but i don't know where i should start i'm not very knowledged about computers. I've picked up tit bits from other people but don't know too much.

I have an old computer that i took apart and tried to put back together but I didn't know which cables connected to the little pins on the motherboard so I need all the knowledge you can spare me thanx.

well first you need a

CPU
Motherboard
RAM
A Case
Power Supply
Floppy Drive
CD Drive
some cables and thats it i think

Don't need a floppy drive i don't have one ... don't worry about graphic cards onboard is not to bad unless you are a gamer.

Don't worry about not knowing what cables go where because the user guides will help you with that and if you get stuck post here we will be happy to help you. Buy your motherboard first so you know what your board can support ... trust me! When you get a motherboard let us know the make and model of the board and we will find you processors, RAM etc.

i would suggest you go with an MAD motherboard because AMD processors are cheaper.

Don't forget Windows XP and SP2 and most importantly a monitor.

good luck with it

um you may want a floppy, maybe not at first, but some things like raid drivers are needed when you first install XP and you need to pull them from a floppy, also if you need to flash your bios, usually you need to do it from a dos booter disk...

Dont forget using the flopy to back up your registry in regedit it you nead to deleat spyware frome it you should back up the registry.

What helps a lot is the motherboard users manual that comes with it. You'll find all the info. on what wires go into what pins. All computer cases that you buy also have the wires labeled (speakers, power, HDD LED, etc) that can guide you to where they are inserted on the motherboard in conjunction with the motherboard manual.

how about a zip drive i've got one lying about would that be anyy use.

And thanx for the replies I now feel a bit more confident about building my own computer.

Back
Top Bottom