Help usb ports aren't working properly

Xcloud

Solid State Member
"This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. For a list of available ports, click here."

I keep getting the message whenever i plus in a usb. I've tried all the ports and i keep getting the same message. I've uninstalled and installed my usb devices and also tried fiddling with the bios and I'm still getting the same message. I'm guessing I probably have to replace to motherboard or get a new computer. Don't want to do either because I don't really have the money atm.

So I'm wondering if its possible for me to use portable usb ports or w/e they are called and resolve these issues even if its just temporary. Thanks

I'm pretty sure its 2.0. It was working till i turned my comp on last tuesday. I used to be getting around 25mb/s transfer rate now max I'm getting is like 1mb/s

I know most USB 2.0 hubs have an external power source, but I'm not sure if this is true of all of them. If you have an external power supply for your hub, make sure that it's functioning properly.

And OhSnapWord i don't really understand what you're asking. I think its powered by the power supply inside the computer? I've taken a look inside and it seems fine. Is there some way to check if its not functioning properly?

Okay so i've installed the drivers and still have the same problem. Also i've checked the bios and everything seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom