Help--Trying to build a rig

laserluke

Baseband Member
Hello

I recently bought all the parts I needed to build a new pc at newegg and assembled them today. I know the basics, but this is my first time doing it, so i am a huge n00b at this lol

When I hooked the computer up to the monitor and powered it up, I heard the fans go on and everything, but I am not getting any picture, at all, on the monitor

I would really appreciate your guys help

Thanks!

make sure all your cables are properly connected
is your ram seat right? is your video card in correctly?
full system specs would help

yea, all the cables are in

the ram is set, video card is good

Whats all this I hear about configuring the bios? should that be done beforehand?

And what do I do after everything is connected? Just turn it on and insert the windows disk?

Thanks, appreciate it

um... never mind guys i got a screen with the BIOS, but it keeps turning off after about 20 secs

I do have a question though... I don't have a CPU fan connected because I didnt think it was neccessary..but is it? the computer wont be used for gaming or anything, and the case already has two fans

Thanks again

Processor Fan

Hello

I am building a rig, however did not include a CPU fan. The computer shuts down in less than 20 seconds every time i turn it on, and i was wondering if this was the problem.

Also, what should the voltage be on the back of the Power Supply?

Thanks!

um... never mind guys i got a screen with the BIOS, but it keeps turning off after about 20 secs

I do have a question though... I don't have a CPU fan connected because I didnt think it was neccessary..but is it? the computer wont be used for gaming or anything, and the case already has two fans

Thanks again

you dont have any thing on your cpu!!!!!!!!!!
so wounder your computers shutting off becouse your cpu is melting
you need a heatsink fan
once again please post your system specs for us to continue helping
when you post them i will continue to help you

Back
Top Bottom