Help With Torrents (speed it up please!!)

wsigo

BSOD
alright i use bitcomet, and usually the max speed i can get anything to d/l is about 50 kB/s. how can i speed this up? this morning, it was working fantastic, as shown in the picture below. how the hell do i make this thing run like that all the time? and no, im not using 'dead' torrents or whatever, they are very healthy...THANKS!!

untitled.jpg

the people that are seeding the torrent makes it depend on its download rate so more seeds, more speed. yet again there is also port fowarding and such.

first of all, i live very close to Pope! So nice to see some other East NC people!

Now if you have your own internet you need to forward the ports to your IP, that you use with bitcomet. But if it is Pope's internet, your pretty much stuck with what you got...

Thanks for being a member! It is too cool to have another NC person here. And especially someone as close as I am to Pope.

recon where you from? i've only been here a couple months actually...i go to fayeteville a lot and thats pretty much it..

i get my internet through time warner, cable. just checked my bandwidth on cnet and it's 2176 Kbps not too bad. so i should be able to get some good speeds, i just need to configure bittorent right? what exactly is port forwarding? if the program i'm using isn't the best, please recommend me a better one as well.

oh and borat, borat, borat. my little 13 year old friend. i'm sure you're no angel either, so don't try to play it off like you are. do you even know who you're talking to? it's cool though, i forgive you. just so you know, little one, i happen to be one of those people who goes to work wearing a uniform every day, fighting for YOUR freedom. so cut me some slack aight?

wsigo said:
do you even know who you're talking to? it's cool though, i forgive you. just so you know, little one, i happen to be one of those people who goes to work wearing a uniform every day, fighting for YOUR freedom. so cut me some slack aight?

hahhaha, seriously, I don't mean to offend you but you do make me laugh.
1st underlined part: You think you are better than someone else? If so, I'm sorry to disappoint you.
2nd part: Actually he isn't even in the USA. Secondly, I see you posting in a computer forum instead of fighting for freedom. Now you might have been in a war, in a war where you fight for your freedom? I highly doubt it.

And even if you would be a great person etc etc doesn't make it right to steal.

/off topic

and now about port forwarding. Find out the port that bitcomet is using (I think you can manually change this in the options) and then make sure that your router isn't blocking that port. To access the router you need the ip. It should be somewhere in the routers manual, usually it's something like 192.168.0.1 Then just open that ip with your browser. Then find stuff about the firewall and open the port(s) that bittorrent is using.

Also, if you download more than 1 torrent at a time does the total download speed stay the same?

ohh, and remember that 2176 kb/s is about 272 kB/s. (8 bits in 1 byte)

Back
Top Bottom