help with processor decision

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
im lookin at new computers.. ive found 2 computers with identical components(same ram, hard drive, graphics card) the only difference is the processor. one has a Pentium 4 540 3.2 Ghz and the other has a AMD Athlon 3400+ 2.4 GHZ. which would be better for gaming? which is faster?

Get the amd one.. long explination.. just seach the threads here, but yeah thats definetly the better gaming one. he Amd

ok.. does the fact that its a 3400+ matter? cause i know there are others like 3600+, 3500+, etc. those numbers are different even though theyre all 2.4 Ghz?

go amd, don't even try to compare clock numbers between the two, you'll have to look at benchmarks. But i already know that the 3400 only gets competition from the 570, and even then the amd destroys it in gaming.

Amd owns gaming & multimedia.
Intel owns at word processing, and shit like that.

But the 3400+ is pretty stellar processer, but os is the 3.2. You can OC both of them to quite a bit, both are really a good choice.

if u game i suggest the amd, no question, if u multitask ALOT, i mean heavy heavy multitasking get thet intel.

Hell no. AMD simply owns Intel. Why would you buy a CPU that consumes more power idle than another under full load?

lol, yes, good one...BUT SERIOUSLY! If you really was a heavy multi-tasker, then do everyone a favour, and get an X2? Ya...

The only thing Intels are better at is certain Folding@Home units and video encoding. Everything else, including gaming, AMDs own Intels :)

Back
Top Bottom