Help! PLEASE! dunno what seems to be the matter!

Natalya1

Daemon Poster
OK, i recently bought a caddy so that i could boot up linux when i wanted just by putting the caddy in.... ah if only it were that simple!

i put the caddy in my pc, Primary Master IDE and i put in the linux cd (i also have 2 sata hard drives installed) . i put in the caddy and i put in the linux cd and the computer begins to boot from the CD, brings up the installation, installs everything wonderfully... but when the pc goes to restart... IT WONT LOAD UP LINUX! i get a black screen with a while cursor sitting there and like once a minute it displays the letter 'd' on the screen and if i leave it long enough the screen looks like "ddddddddddddddddd.." etc... what the heck is the problem?!

so like i decided... to that the harddrive out of the caddy and put it in another PC where it is again priamry master IDE. i put in the linux cd, re install linux and when the pc restarts, linux works.... so i took that working harddrive, put it back in the caddy and back into my pc, BUT IT WONT WORK! back to that silly black screen with the 'd's all over it.... this is weird, but cmon guys!!! im sure one of you have the solution to this dilemma!

thank you soooo very much!

natalya!

thanxs for your help, but ive tried 2 different IDE cables, in the BIOS it detects that there is the HDD there so i dont think the cable is the problem

Back
Top Bottom