Help please??

Gnr8

Beta member
I am considering purchasing Adobe Illustrator CS3 off of Craigslist. I have done many transactions through Craigslist and have run across my fair share of scams. This particulor deal looks to be okay as far as I can see but, I'm not real tech savvy and the guy is only asking for $75. I have copied and pasted below what his responce to my inquiry was. Any advise would be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance for your help.

The seller of Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection ask that [You] the recipient of this email please agree to the "Terms of Purchase" as stated in the following:
Terms of Purchase
You will receive the Full Adobe CS3 Master Collection via direct digital download
You will receive a valid serial key/authorization code unlocking this software
Your software will be eligible for updates
Your software will be eligible for registration
In accordance and fulfillment of the product and services provided as listed in the above items of this agreement, a PayPal payment is required in the amount of $75.00 USD upon successful installation and full functionality of this software.
If these terms are unsatisfactory, please disregard and delete this email now. [/FONT]

Is there anyway I can get screwed in this? Remember, my money is insured through Paypal for a short period. What can possibly go wrong?

This worries me:
You will receive the Full Adobe CS3 Master Collection via direct digital download
I would not agree to such a deal. Like rohan, I would want the complete box with CDs and materials.

It may not be a scam per se, but it may be an illegal copy with a hacked key.

Also, the fact that it is being sold for $75.00 seems fishy. As the others have said, it would be safer to get a hard copy. I am willing to bet that it is an illegal pirated copy.

Try looking on Ebay. You will find very competitive prices for legal copies.

OH! I thought you wrote $750.00. Yeah, $75.00 is way too less. Forget about Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom