Help picking Graphics Card

cb600fshornet

Fully Optimized
I killed my GTX 280, don't really want to pay more than 90 Great British Pounds for a GPU.

Thinking about the ATI Radeon 7750, or the 6670 if it's better value.

What do you guys think?

Here's my opinion.

If money is critical, and something like the 6670, or 7750 is the limit of your budget, then you've already answered your own question. Go AMD, or Nvidia, the best card you can get for that money is mediocre at best.

When it comes to graphics cards, they age so quickly, and become obsolete in such a short period of time, that you need to purchase the very best card you can, within the constraints of the budget you have. It's the only way you can be assured of getting the most life possible from your new card.

You may want to consider this...

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

At least you'll be able to enjoy PhysX when available, excellent Tesselation, and very matured, and honed drivers.

If you can see your way clear to spend a little more money, you'll get a much better bang for your buck with a Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1561-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

What ever you choose, spend the most you can afford to avoid having to purchase another card too soon.

On videocardbenchmark.net it claims that the 7750 is equivalent to the GTX 280, but hwcompare.com suggests it is only half as good.

I cannot stretch my budget any higher unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom