Help overclocking RAM.

Review said:
Cons: Lousy over-clocker-don't be fooled by the look of the heat sink. Crucial Ballistix is 3 times better.

I wouldn't hold out much hope by the looks of that, I would suggest setting the timings to auto and increasing the MHz by jumps of 25 and testing for stability, set the VDIMM to manufacturers stated max.

He's the only person that has said that. Everyone else has taken it to at least 1000mhz. A good majority even got 1066 at 5-5-5-18 at 2.1v.

I personally prefer to just keep the RAM at 1:1 and reduce the timings as much as possible.

I'm thinking about trying to get the timings to 4-4-3-8 at 2.1v or 2.2v. That's the tightest I've heard these things go.

I'm thinking about trying to get the timings to 4-4-3-8 at 2.1v or 2.2v. That's the tightest I've heard these things go.

you can OC your RAM all you want but you won't see that much of a difference, your FSB is gonna limit your RAM because even if you OC your Q6600 to an FSB of 1333mhz (from the stock 1066mhz) it will still be the bottleneck even if you run your RAM at the stock 800mhz, I would just try to tighten up the timings...

Back
Top Bottom