Help with OC'ing

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Ok. I could read as many threads as I have time for and try to learn, but I'd much rather have a convo with someone one on one in this thread of a sort of instant messenger. I have an AMD Athlon 3700+ and 2.2 stock, and 2gb (2 x 1gb) PC3200 DDR400 OCZ Platinum. Got CPU-z shots if needed. But, back to the original point of this thread. I've never really understood messing with the ram and all of that. I understand the FSB and multipliers though, and that the FSB controls everything right? Well anyways, if someone would be able to do that here soon I'd appreciate it. Right now im monitoring temps and setting up a fan blowing in my PC to see what the temps do..

When you are overclocking your memory there isn't much more to do. You might need to run a divider. Also you might need to loosen up some of the timings for stability. The ones you should worry about the most are CAS, RAS to CAS delay, RAS precharge and Tras. I know your BIOS will have A LOT of memory options so I would go look on dfi-street for more help on some of the more complex options.

The Amish Kid said:
When you are overclocking your memory there isn't much more to do. You might need to run a divider. Also you might need to loosen up some of the timings for stability. The ones you should worry about the most are CAS, RAS to CAS delay, RAS precharge and Tras. I know your BIOS will have A LOT of memory options so I would go look on dfi-street for more help on some of the more complex options.

Yes seeing how every word you just said made sense to me :(

IM me if you can

Back
Top Bottom