Help! No sign of life

If the PSU has a fuse, check that out at any electrician's workshop. Or it could be outside the chassis with an easy access.

What brand and model is it? Maybe you can find a DIY on the internet.

I thought all PSU's come with a surge protection these days!

I have taken the computer to a repair shop today they have tested the build with a different PSU

Everything is perfectly fine apart from the PSU it's definitely dead

I have arranged my return via Amazon very simple process a replacement PSU is Ordered but Amazon have it on some pre order saying it hasent been released yet

I have 30 days to return the defective PSU

Last edited:
Cool beans. Taking it to a shop is the way to go if you don't have extra parts.

I'm glad that's solved. It sucks when you have the entire rig and you can't use it. Something similar happened to me; the PSU was delayed, and the rest of the computer just sat there for days. It's a crappy feeling for sure.

I had to swallow my pride and go to the shop like you said it was the way go

And it's just sitting there behind me I keep turning around and getting sad lol

I might cancel my return get a refund and buy a PSU from somewhere else

I'm just extremely glad it didn't take the rest of the computer with it when it went

Last edited:
I had to swallow my pride and go to the shop like you said it was the way go

And it's just sitting there behind me I keep turning around and getting sad lol

I might cancel my return get a refund and buy a PSU from somewhere else

I'm just extremely glad it didn't take the rest of the computer with it when it went
It would be extremely weird if it took the other components. It's a very good unit. It's also weird that it failed, so who knows. Did you get the Supernova G3?

Yh I brought everything you recommended ;)
Hmm. It was probably just a production mistake. I've read good things about it, so I don't think it was a design flaw.

If you do decide to buy another one, the forum's gates are always open [emoji14]

Sharpy, I'm pretty sure that your system is ok and you have a defective PSU. I don't know what it is that you got but always buy a decent PSU.

A PSU are what makes or breaks your system and if you want to cheap out on it, you put your system at risk. A good PSU has many advantages in protections and costs more for it but really cheaper in the long run. The real advantage is regulated power and power outage protection.

I always recommend PSUs that's made by Seasonic, Super Flower and Delta. Nobody else. Some brands like Corsair and EVGA have PSUs made by said makers but not all models do.

If anyone would post the models y'all have in mind and I'll tell you yea or nay. Ask me and I'll find out.

My i5 system is powered by Seasonic M12II-520w and still going strong since 2012.

It's made by Enhance Electronics. It's a work station PSU and high quality. That would be one of the top tier PSUs.

For consumer grades it's way over rated. You know that thing is pulling 1000 watts out of your wall. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom