Help needed for my ZoneAlarm firewall

Juan handed

In Runtime
I just removed my McAfee protection from my computer the other day and installed the free ZoneAlarm firewall.Now I get tons of pop-ups from the ZoneAlarm at the drop of a hat.It seeks permission to allow internet connection for everything,like outlook express,the AVG virus updates,and on and on.

Does the ZoneAlarm learn...as does it recognize at some point that if I allow something to connect to the internet,that it doesn't have to continue to ask permission every time for the same thing? It seems to seek permission for the same things over and over.

Is there something I need to do to keep the firewall from driving me nuts?

Like just now...I opened Outlook Express to check email and the dialog box popped up and asked if I wanted to grant it access to the internet. I checked off the "Save these settings" box and granted access...just the same as I have done several times before.

I would have thought if I checked the "Save these settings" box previously,it would stop asking permission and just connect to the internet and download the email.

I've seen ZoneAlarm mentioned somewhere on here,so I know some others are running it,I believe.

Back
Top Bottom