Help Needed

Garfer

Beta member
Powers on, but gives beep code, and no video.
1 Long, 3 Short beeps. Says Phoenix Bios but does not give the correct beep code for Phoenix Bios. Video card fan continues at 100% speed while it attempting to start up, while the bios beep goes on. I do not get a second set of beeps, nor does it continue. I have waited for about 5 minutes, and nothing.

My computer recently stopped booting up as of 1 day ago (for the most part). It still starts up normally about 1/15 times. I do not know why this occurs, and I would like some help. I have had some problems with my video card in the past (gpu artifacting and resetting when using normal speeds in ATI Tool, or simply by changing the speeds). Also, once in a while, the gpu fan would simply stop working, and I would have to reset the computer.

I have also read that the motherboard I have (Asus M2N-E), has some problems of its own. Although I have not experienced any problems relating to the motherboard over the year I have had it, it may also be the problem.

I am currently posting this on the problem computer, as I got lucky and it decided to boot up. I am sure though, that this will continue, as it has done so twice already, and I really don't feel like trying 15 times each time to start up my computer. Some help would really be appreciated.

System Specs and ages:
MB: Asus M2N-E (non-sli edition) - Owned for 1 year
CPU: Athlon X2 6400 Black Edition - No Overclock -1 year
Mem: Corsair XMS 2x1 GB DDR2 PC 6400 5-5-5-18 1.9V - 1 year
GPU: Radeon Sapphire 1950XT 256MB - 2-3 years
HD: WDC WD2000JB 00READ, 200GB - 3 years
DVD Drive: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A - 3 years
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 - 2 years
Case: Some standard ABS - 3 years

If anyone can help me, it would great

Sounds like you may have a memory problem. If you have multiple sticks try running one at a time to weed out a bad stick.

You could also use a utility called Memtest86+ to test your memory. Here is a FAQ on using it: Memtest86+ FAQ

Sounds like you may have a memory problem. If you have multiple sticks try running one at a time to weed out a bad stick.

You could also use a utility called Memtest86+ to test your memory. Here is a FAQ on using it: Memtest86+ FAQ

I do not believe it to be faulty RAM, as I RMA'ed the memory a week after I got it last year, as one stick came dead. I have been using both new sticks since with no problems. But, I will try starting with one stick just to see. If need be, I will run Memtest, although it looks like a hassle.

Back
Top Bottom