HELP with my OS

Harout

Beta member
i have a sony vaio and an older HP. my HP's OP got messed up so im trying to reinstall windows xp on it. i have a cd but i dont know how to do it. also i installed the Harddrive on my vaio and it reads it. i was wondering if i caninstall the OS from my vaio to the HP's Harddrive?

thanks

It's easy.....I found this for you-click here

More than likely not. The VIAO has specific drivers, as does the HP. They both probably came with "restore" discs, which only install on the computer they where made for. You will be able to install XP on either one, if you find an OEM version of XP, and use your COA. If you're wondering what OEM and COA are, try to use Google first, if you still don't understand, post back.

i followed the directions to the link and when im boting from the cd it say "file setupdd.sys could not be loaded. error code 7 setup cannot continue" what does this mean?

It means either the disc is scratched, the cd rom is not reading properly, or you have a bad IDE cable. The only way around this is to try another disc, or swap cd rom drives. I have noticed you have posted your issue 3 different times. You should only post it once, as in this thread. The more you post, most will ignore them, and mods could get onto you for "spamming"- posting the same thing in different threads. Just FYI.

Back
Top Bottom