HELP! My Computer is DYING!!!

DoctoerSnipe

Solid State Member
I am so pissed off right now. My PC just keeps randomly restarting, without me even pressing a button! Then when it comes back on, it says "Your Computer has recovered from a serious error, Please tell Miscrosoft about the problem". Then I click send error report and it takes me to a troubleshooting webpage. It says my problem is from a driver error. BUT THE SAME FREAKIN' DRIVER ERROR KEEPS HAPPENEING! I DONT'T KNOW WHAT TO DOO!!!!

Please provide some assistance!

Thanks

=Snipe Out=

it might be a virus or it could actually be a driver error in which case u need to find out which driver it is and reinstall it

I'll go with gaming freak here.

Check start -> run -> msconfig -> startup for any stuff that shouldn't be there. If u don't know what something is use google.

Also, it sounds like you might be getting a blue screen of death error but it isn't showing up. right click on "my computer" and click "properties". then go to the "advanced" tab and go down to "startup and recovery" and click "settings" next to that. go down and clear the checkmark beside "automatically restart". when something happens you should get a blue screen before your computer restarts and that will give you more info on what is going on.

also, when that happens windows creates a minidump file (c:\windows\minidump), get WinDBG and open the minidump file with that and have a look at it.

is your computer overclocked at all or have you changed anything? give some more info.

I'd say uninstall all your drivers and then reinstall the latest versions of them.

Then, open the Command Prompt, type in 'chkdsk /F', and it should ask you if you want to run it on the next reboot. Agree, and then reboot. It'll scan your disk for any errors, which can cause system instability or crashes.

Back
Top Bottom