Help Microsoft Outlook!

Canada60

Beta member
Maple, ON

Dec 30, 2004
7:24 PM

Edit

Hi I hope everyone here had a great Xmas , Now the problem I am having is with outlook I have moved a folder over there
with the purpose of being able to copy it onto a floppy disk and and then I can delete this folders off my harddrive ( I save the recipes that are sent to me via yahoo groups ) well I moved the folder fron Outlook express to Microsoft out look I then Highlighted the Folder I went to save as "A" and it saved it however when I ran "A" drive and opened the file all the file has was the name of the sender and the subject there was no way to open the message , What Can I do ? I can't copy 1000's of recipes indiviually to floppy drives , Am I doing something wrong in outlook Im not very computer minded Please help

Ps I think it might have something to do with opening in Notebook (i don't know why ? I didn't necessarily save it in notebook? and how can I change it to open in Word ?

Thanks a lot Canada60

For a quick fix, and since it sounds like you're using notepad anyway, try cutting and pasting the content from Outlook into a notepad file. Don't just drag the e-mails, open them, select all (to highlight all the text), do a copy, open a blank notepad file, paste the text, then save it where you want it. Outlook e-mails sometimes act strangely once they're moved outside of Outlook (Outlook express is particularly problematic).

Can you give more information? Maybe a step-by-step walkthrough of what you're doing? I'm not sure I completely understand what's happening.

Back
Top Bottom