Help With Messenger!

Chrissie

Beta member
I don't know if this is the right place to ask these sorts of questions, but i'm having a right problem with my msn messenger (7.5). We have a shared computer and everyone can log onto messenger apart from me. On my setting, i can still log onto other people's messenger, but for some reason when i try loggin on with my email address it says the service is temp unavailable. Does anyone know why it is doing this and how i can sort it? It's just frustrating as it was working fine this morning and i need to access it in order to talk to my brother who is in iraq!!!!

What are your permissions on the computer??? Do you have full access?? MSN is funky at times. I'd almost try to reinstall it.

P.S. Welcome to the forum hope you stick around and post somemore. :D

that's happening to me right now. I can log into my old account, my sister can log into her's, but when I try to log into my account it says the 'service is temporarily unavailable'.

Yeah you can just wait it might clear up after a bit, but i'd reinstall MSN is quite buggy lately.

make sure your e-mail is still valid on the HOTMAIL site first. you might not have logged on the actual e-mail portion which would kill ur information

Sometimes this happens to me on AIM, except instead of a email address its my aim sn. You just need to give it some time. Sometimes the server is down, and it should be back up in a little bit.

Yeah i have full access. It's working on my account when i log someone else in on msn (like the email address i use for business), but when i try to log myself (with the eamil address i use for my friends and family to contact me) in then it doesnt work. My email address is working as i can access my account via hotmail. My msn seems to be working ok today, but i bet it's only a matter of time before it does it again as it seems to be a re-occurring problem. Have emailed the msn messenger guys but they were useless, saying that it was probably cos i was typing the wrong email address in (like i'm gonna do something like that time after time?!). Thanks for all the advice anyway

Lac3y said:
that's happening to me right now. I can log into my old account, my sister can log into her's, but when I try to log into my account it says the 'service is temporarily unavailable'.
I get that message a lot, I don't really know why though.

Back
Top Bottom