Help Me Overclock My AMD 3700+..PLEASE!

Negi-Force

Beta member
I've read other forums but I just don't get how to overclock my AMD 3700+. My motherboard is as DFI F4 Infinity. I am running the stock fan and I am a little worried about over heating my comp.
On that note does any one know anything about water cooling systems? How safe are they?
I really what to get more out of my PC. Help me please!
Thanks,
Negi-Force

I wouldnt get watercooling unless you are willing to set down a good $200+ for the equiment by itself. And if you really are going to do that, i would get a DFI LanParty board instead.

Well if you want to learn how to overclock, look no further. Someone already made a guide for that a long time ago. If you're computer was prebuilt, the bios might be locked to prevent you from overclocking, but if you built it yourself, you shouldn't have any problems.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=29837

I don't think you need water-cooling just yet. Try to get a stable overclock first, and check the temps. If they are too high, try adding a Zalman heatsink, and some more fans. If you still need more cooling power, then go for water-cooling. It's just not worth it if you're not doing heavy overclocking.

I read that link and changed all the stuff, but my cpu wouldn't go over the stock 2.21 GHZ. It would go lower, but not higher. Any ideas why? Thanks.

DFI Nforce4 Infinity boards werent that great. I would get a new board. Its your board holding you back, possibly the RAM.

Back
Top Bottom