Help me make a wise choice

garineh3

Beta member
Hey everyone. I'm kinda new on this forum.
I'm planning on purchasing a new laptop. I've heard of all the new technological advances like the dual core and all.
But i still need some help making a choice. Cause frankly, I don't really know the difference between intel, athlon, amd, etc.

Here's how i'll b using my laptop.
I'm gonna need at least 1go ram cause i'm planning on running heavy software such as photoshop cs2. and i tend to open tons of windows at the same time. Graphic is also an important aspect cause i enjoy watching dvd's and playing games.

I'm guessing all laptops today come with at least 80gb of space.

In a more simply put out way, I WANT A FAST COMPUTER.

Thanks for the help

if u really want a fast computer, i recommend u get a desktop. because it will be ALOT cheaper!!!

if u have to have a laptop and u r using it for photoshop etc i would suggest (just a suggestion) a mac powerbook or something

If you are dead set on a laptop, get one. Otherwise I agree with BadNinja get a desktop. Mac, meh, I don't even care, but I would say get a nice desktop.

desktops are alot cheaper for doing things like that.. by the thousands. if portability isn't an issue. i agree with everyone else here. get a desktop.

intel is a central processing unit manufacturer

Athlon=AMD

two different companies, both making cpus.

You can have those kind of specs on a laptop. It will just cost a bit more. I recommend the Intel Core Duo for laptops. A fast laptop may generate around the $2000 range.

I agree with TRDCorolla. A decent gaming laptop with at least a gig of RAM will be in the range of $2000. But if I were you, I would definitely take those specs and put them in a desktop for under $1000 most likely. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom