Help Me With External Hard Drive, Please:

SampsonSimpsonZ

Solid State Member
Whats going on:

I have a WD 1 TB external HD, that I use at work with my laptap. It has movies, music, documents, and video game saves. Im wanting/trying to turn my games into highlights. I have about 50+ games saved, but since each individually game is about 1.2GB, obviously I had to move them from my laptop to my external.

My problem:

I cant work with my videos on my external and I dont know why or what to do to fix it. Its looking like once I move them off my laptop I can no longer edit them like I want.

Do I have to have the files ON my laptop when working with them?
Why wont it let me edit them with them ONLY on my external?

Why would 1 video work fine and the next 1 not work?
Im confused as to why, if all files are the same type, why 1 works fine and 1 doesnt at all?
They all will play with Windows Media Player, but not when I try to edit them...? (Aiseesoft HD Converter)

Thanks for any input

Last edited:
Hey mate.. Do you use any Offline backup tool..?? There are certain tools that allows editing on the external drive itself and then implements the changes directly. This might solve your problem. Other that that, some of your videos work while others don't.. There is a possibility that some of your videos has corrupted because of some reason.

Back
Top Bottom