help with making...

electro1

Baseband Member
hi
i've just bought a ew computer because my old one blew up and i was woundring if it was possible to make something that i think would be called a pc cluster here what i have to make the cluster:

the new computer specs:
3.00ghz p4 processor
128mb geforce fx graphics card
20gb harddrive( i was on a budject)
2 cd drives
and a asus x series mother board

the really old computers specs (this is 2 computers specs don't laugh because they are rubbish)
400mhz p2 processor (old)
14mb graphics card (old)
6gb harddrive(very old)
and the maker of all of this is compaq

the operating system will be windows xp media edition 2005

thanks if you can help me!
and i know that this can be done!

Sorry was that...blew up?!...oh heck!

Cluster? Don't you mean RAID? Or a bunch of hard drives or something? What is a cluster?...

Hope I can help

its a cheap way of building a mini super computer on a budject! titanic used one for the special effects in the movie!
and the idea is that you link normal computers together and then somehow that increase's your main most powerful computer's speed without overclocking. a few websites that i have seen use xbox's to make a console/computer cluster.
the only problem is that i don't know ow to do this and i'm quite advanced in computer skills for my age! (13 last week!) also i just don't want the older computers to go to waste:D

yeah cool but i'm doing a 3 computer cluster! and that would probaly be 4ghz max :D
and is there any tutorial for making 1?

if you are running bsd look at my example if ur running linnux theres mpich for linnux try a google search for it

Back
Top Bottom