Help- MAC problem

NervousLarry

Baseband Member
Hi I'm posting this for my friend, she has a problem with her Mac. The tech guy said she has to delete everything, but obviously she doesn't want to do that. This is what she wrote him, any help would be appreciated:

"I have a PowerBook G4 15" laptop. I have not even had it for a year. Yesterday morning I went to go onto the computer and everything seemed fine. Then I noticed that it started closing out of programs. I decided to shut it down and restart it. However, when I turned it back on it froze on the screen of that apple logo and the loading circle. From the beginning, whenever I shut down my computer and started it back up it always showed a globe and then it would go to a folder and a question mark and then it would show the logo of the apple and load and then it would go on to the desktop. I never thought these things indicated a problem, but when I asked my friend who has the same computer she said that hers did not go through all those steps before starting up. "

Thanks.

Well, most of us here are PC/Windows power users.. I don't know much about mac. The only thing I can think of would be to backup files and reinstall the os.

Back
Top Bottom