Help with keyboard driver.

Chappers

Baseband Member
I have just recently purchased anI.T Works slimline keyboard with a ps/2 connection plug. I was hoping that by using my ps/2 to usb adapter, as i have no ps/2 port on my vaio that i could then use it as an external keyboard. I plugged the keyboard into the adapter then into the usb port. When i switched on the laptop the keyboard showed signs that it was going to work, the led's for num lock etc flashed so i thought i was in luck. But then i wasnt able to use it, so i logged in using the laptop keyboard and it told me the device had malfunctioned. I have plugged it directly into the ps/2 port on my main pc and it works fine then. Any ideas as to what is going wrong/ how i can fix this problem.

Thanks in advance
Ash

It should work fine mate. The PS/2 port to USB adapters should work perfectly.

As a test though, try using the PS/2 port to USB adapter on your main PC to check thats working alright, and it isn't that causing the problem.

You might find also, that when you switched to your main laptop keyboard after taking out the (now) USB keyboard, that it would have then malfunctioned.

TEST:

Try using other USB ports on the laptop. You may find that some don't work with some devices (my dads laptops the same). And after connecting them, restart and test then each time.

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom