Help with creating a webite inside!!!

gangster

BSOD
I just registered my domain name at Godaddy.com now I want to know how do I use my domain name with Apache. Now that I have my domain I would like to set up a website using Apache. Could some tell me the steps on how to do it. This is how my friend created his website but he moved far away. Thanks :)

bumps are only allowed every 12 hours, not 12 mins

Even 12 hours is a little often. Just because your thread is not at the top does not mean we do not see it. It just means that no-one that is currently on has an answer to your question. Give us time, we do have lives.

i dont know about apache but on abyss we bserver you still have to use a 3rd party domain forwarding company, godaddy may offer this service,

usually i use .co.nr because its free and basicly when they assign me a domain in this case

http://metrictime.co.nr/

during the registration they ask me for a destination to forward onto, in which i put my ip address of my website, so when someone put in there web address metrictime.co.nr it goes to the .co.nr website and then finds my account and goes to my ip address.

not sure if godaddy or apache offers this service

It's easy if you have Microsoft FrontPage, you just create it, then go to the "publish" button on the file menu, thats how I made my site.

Back
Top Bottom