Help, Computer takes long time to reset / start

TinyMage

Beta member
When I reset my computer my screen will go blank for like 2 mins and it ( my computer ) will make a high pitched sound untill it finally reboots and goes to the screen that shows ur hardrive and checks your memory and all that. Then it starts windows like normal. Sometimes it takes longer then 2 mins and I have to keep pushing the reset button untill it kicks in. Also opening my cd rom drive sometimes works to get it to go. :confused:

It was working fine for about 8 months or so. I was thinking this might have something to do with the motherboard? Isn't there a battery or something that can go bad during temperature changes???

Motherboard is k7s5a something or other, its about 4 years old i think.
windows98.

This is a common problem with Windows 98, you should really consider upgrading your system to Windows XP to avoid having this problem. I also have the K7S5A mobo and it works awesome with windows xp.

Erm, he's talking about the POST boot up. The BIOS takes long to boot. That may be a CMOS setting wrong. Have you tried to make the BIOS to the default settings?

And yes, Windows 98 is too old for this machine

lhuser said:
Erm, he's talking about the POST boot up. The BIOS takes long to boot. That may be a CMOS setting wrong. Have you tried to make the BIOS to the default settings?

And yes, Windows 98 is too old for this machine

If you mean flashing the CMOS, then no.

Why would there be a setting wrong now, I put the system together more then half a year ago and its worked fine since.

Back
Top Bottom