Help Building a New Desktop

sgtnrs11

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, my family has had the same dell desktop for about 6 years now but sadly, it finally stopped working yesterday :( although my family is not absolutely computer retarded, we are not savvy with them either and would like some help building a new one. From this computer we would like to do mostly the basics. Email, pictures, itunes, microsoft word, and minimal gaming for my little brother. Where is the best place to look now a days? We want to spend somewhere between 500 to 700 dollars, although, a little more if necessary. Can someone help us build a new one? What do you guys think would be the best model for the money??

Well I had a nice response with a few PC's picked out but when the iPad went to sleep my post went to dev/null. Anyway, here's a good PC for whatever you would probably throw at it.

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme 567D3 Desktop PC Phenom II X6 1055T(2.8GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

For the same price you could probably get a little more too if you built your own, but since you mentioned that you're doing this for family, I typically find that people in your shoes are reluctant to do so. Not a bad thing at all, but you should build one some day for the fun and experience.

Thanks for the response. I am a little confused that this is listed as a gaming desktop though. The specs on the computer seem good, but it is an off brand and some of the hardware, especially the processor, ive never really heard of before. I am a little tentative about this too because who would I call or contact about problems with the computer? Does this brand have a customer support? Also, I am guessing this would not come with Microsoft Office correct? Buying Microsoft Office through a company like Dell I know is much cheaper. And I do wish I had the time and money to just try and build a pc myself, but I'm afraid it's just not possible at the moment :p

iBuyPower supports their own products as they custom build them. What version of Office do you currently have? It's listed as a gaming PC as its just more powerful and has a dedicated video card that's more powerful than what you'd get from dell for the same price.
If you wish to go a little more mainstream go here and customize the base model. Include Office home and students and that will still keep you under $700. I would go HP over dell every day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom