Help Building A Computer

IknowLITTLE

In Runtime
Hi, I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff so please try to cut me some slack. anyway, I'm 14 and my birthday is coming and I'm looking to build a gaming computer (mainly for World Of Warcraft). I'm probably going to have a budget of around 600$ but am willing to keep saving if it means my computer will be that much better. here is what i was looking at, (i basically copied half of the parts off another post on this forum)

Case: Newegg.com - Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,Full mesh design front bezel, comes with Six Fans-1x Front 120mm Fan, 2x Top 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, 1x 80mm Fan on motherboard tray, 1x Side 200mm Fan, option Fan-1x Bottom 120mm
Power: Newegg.com - Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Hard drive: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m_re=Corsair_vengeance-_-20-145-348-_-Product
Mobo: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TA870U3+ AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
Graphics Card: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

A few things i was curious about were the mobo and the Ram. The mobo is expensive and i don't know if i need it for what I'm doing. Also, I'm not really sure how to get wifi on a tower. Ive read a little on the subject but am clueless on how the installation of this "item" (forgot name) is going to go. Now for the ram, it looked kind of cheap and i don't really know weather or not i can trust these to last 2 years. I had another question regarding heat sink. I'm CLUELESS when it comes to heat sink. I've read a little about it and know it can be this jell or something, but my question is can i pick it up at best buy or does it come with the processor or what. Ok, last question. Do all mobo's come with instructions on how to hookup multiple parts to them because like i said I'm pretty clueless and have never built a computer before. Well, hopefully you've managed to read all that and i appreciate any reply's. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME
-Will

Oh yea another thing, i was looking to hook this up to my Tv (no i dont want to get cable going through the computer) and i was curious as to weather or not i could take a double sided blue cable thing with the 2 screws (IM NOOB REMEMBER) and hook it up to the back of my tv (it has a port). but my main question is how the little adapter that changes the output of the graphics card itself works and if it is what im thinking it is. that could have not made sense so please ask if you need me to clarify anything. ANOTHER thing, will that power supply be able to power all the fans on that case along with computer itself?

That is very similar to my rig (see sig) and i play WoW alot, and with my UI mods eating VRAM, i still get 60FPS on high atleast.

The Mobo isn't all that expensive as far as mobos go and it should suit your choice of processor. However you probably won't be able to use that RAM. It's a triple channel kit and the mobo only supports dual channel setups. I recommend this instead

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M2A1600C8

the blue cable is called a VGA. I assume you mean a DVI to VGA adapter there, and basically it just crosses the correct pins of the VGA to the applicable ones on the DVI, so the signal is kept crisp eventhough it's been adapted to run on a different medium.

What kind of tv do you have? Does it have a Hdmi port? The graphis card you are planning on using has hdmi. This would be the best way took hook up to your tv.

You can buy thermal paste at any computer store.

For WiFi you will need an add on card or usb wireless adapter

its a toshiba and it has 3 hdmi ports on the back, im sure thatll work fine. thermal paste just goes ontop of the processor? like all over or what? and how do i get more usb ports out of my mother board? and could i put a row of usb ports in a dvd drive bay?

it sits in a PCI slot

PCI_Slots_Digon3.JPG

usb2_pci_host_card_installed.jpg

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, ok man thanks for all the help. im pretty sure all the questions i can think of atm are answered. thanks a tun.

Back
Top Bottom