help with a batch file

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
On my computer, I have 8 instances of folding at home running. I want to create 2 batch files: one to start them, and one to end them. They are located in C:\program files/FAHx/FAH504-Console.exe, the x being a number 1-8. What would the code be?

Why 8? Your computer doesn't have 8 cores, does it?

Anyway, i don't think it's possible. I tried the same thing a while back, and it never worked. I had something like this going on:
Code:
@echo off
cd C:\FAH\
FAH504-Console.exe
cd C:\FAH2\
FAH504-Console.exe
The first one would open, but that's it. It would get stuck running the first instance. If there was a command to open a new DOS window, it might be possible, but I never figured it out.

The next thing I tried was making separate batch files for each instance, and then a master batch file to execute them all, but it was the same result.

hmm... well, I'm only running 2 instances (running 8 slowed it down 4x, effectivley cancelling out and effect of running 8), and its not to hard to go start->programs->startup, so I think I'll live.

wood_workur said:
hmm... well, I'm only running 2 instances (running 8 slowed it down 4x, effectivley cancelling out and effect of running 8), and its not to hard to go start->programs->startup, so I think I'll live.
Yeah, I was like I doubt this guy has dual quad cores, haha.

I just live with it too. I don't turn it off much, so it's not really a problem.

Back
Top Bottom