help attaching powersupply

bigggnick

Baseband Member
hello,

i am new to building computers, and i wanted to make one as a learning experience. I go all my parts, and have assembled them inside the case. What my problem is is the power. im not sure where to plug everything in. here is a picture of what i have:
computermapoj7.png

I have tried a few different combos of plugs, none of them work. I pluged it into the hdd, floppy, cd, cdrw, but my problem is with the power button and the mother board. From the back of the power button is a cable that came with the case. What plugs do i plug into where? thanks for any help.

the plugs from the power button on the case plug into the motherboard... check the mobo manual for directions on where to plug the plugs in

they are down in the lower right hand corner of the motherboard, there will be plugs for your power and reset buttons and the power and hdd led's. Consult your motherboard's manual as to which plugs go where.

OK. If this is a new motherboard, there should only be 2 plugs from the power supply that will go into the mainboard. There will be a long looking plug that will clearly only go in one place and only one way. The Second should be a pretty cable with 2 yellow and 2 black leads, this one sits not far from the CPU and once again can only go in one way. All the other cable from the power supply go to the Driver ( CD, hard drive) and there is one for the floppy to. Its rather basic

i still cant get it... i connected the square yellow/black plug and the big long plug. I also connected the led plugs. There is one power cable coming from the front of the case (power button). I pluged the power supply directly into it. Now, what do i do with the four pin connector on the left of the motherboard? Am i still doing something wrong?

p.s. thanks for the replys

four pin connector on the motherboard, there should be a four pin connector on your power supply that can connect to it.

Back
Top Bottom