help

leha123

Baseband Member
Guys help , finally put everything together and no luck I plug-in monitor and no bios show up , like when I pres power button led lights up but no bios…….. i stopd by best buy and I showed my pc to computer guys they work at geek squad …they told most like bad motherboard or procesor.. I mean I was following all instructions used antistatic wrist band..have no idea whats going on:( ... .maybe I did something wrong with thermal past? Any ideas people ?:confused:

maybe bad RAM???

Sometimes you just get a dead motherboard, ram , or processor. It's most likely the motherboard. It's a low chance, but it does happen. Try running your computer with the bare minimum. One stick of RAM, CPU, hard drive and dvd drive. It may just be the power supply.

I just removed one stick of ram still no luck for some reason my cd optical doesn't respond when I press on reject button it wont open I connect it power cable to cd optical but doesn't work and I took that cd drive from my old computer its was workin fine on my other computer

Could it be bad processor? Or maybe I applied to much thermal past? How would you tell its processor ?

I've never heard of a computer not booting because of too much thermal paste. The extra should just ooze out of the side. It won't damage your computer. At least as far as I know. Make sure you plugged everything in right. That is usually overlooked. Check all of the connections a couple of times.

Do you hear any beeps coming from the computer?

What you think I got a hard drive 640 gb and my power supply is 500W could it be a problem? I have a intel quad ..maybe 500W its not enough?

But I mean if led lights up and I can hear that hard drive is working I guess its ok

A hard drive doesn't take up more than a few watts. Do you hear any beeps coming from the computer?

no nothing no beeps:( damit am so confused right now i dont know what to do... i sould just buy build computer

So bottom line is that its deffinatly either mother board or processors right? I guess il take everything apart and going to send back to tiger direct ...How you clean processor? I have 91% isopropyl alcohol is this fine?

update........
I was just checking make sure everything is connected right, and now I think power supply died.. I am going crazy..... when I plug power cable to power supply and I pres on that switch in the back (o/I) and then try to pres turn on button but nothing, not even led lights (like it was before) and then when I am touching that switch in the back of power supply its make weird noise I cant even describe that ……is this possible that power supply was working fine and then fail? I mean I was turning on and turning off but I was trying make this computer work.... and at one time actually something showed up on screen and when I tried turn on again... and now looks like problem whit power supply ….

Well, if no lights are coming on. It's definitely your power supply. You don't need to send everything back. If you have another computer laying around, try the power supply from that. Keep me updated. If it powers on with another power supply, it's the new power supply. If not, then it's something else. Let's just try to eliminate everything one at a time.

Stopped by best buy, guys who work at computer deportment they look at the computer, they connected one of the their power supply and it even killed they p.supply looks like something wrong with that mother board..i took everything apart going to send it back ……. Question can I use 91% iso alcohol to clean processor ? how you guys clean processors?

I just wipe them off well with a clean cloth. I have never put any solution to help clean. I don't think anything major will happen if I don't. You should RMA the motherboard and PSU as fast as you can. You need to try to make the deadline before the online Christmas shopping craze.

Back
Top Bottom