Help

wizzard5ooo

Beta member
I have searched google, called my ISP, and from my own computer knowledge, I can not get the problem solved. I'm running windows XP and I do not have a ethernet card. I'm trying to connect to my router(DSL) so I can use the internet without having to buy a card or do much of anything. My ISP helped me once before using I think a WAN miniport. I tried setting up a VPN with my router, but It just says error 800. Can you guys help me?

i never knew you could connect to the internet via dsl without an ethernet card... i don't think it's possible.. you must have a very old computer for the motherboard to not have ethernet.

it's not an old motherboard at all. I can support 2 GB RAM and a 3.0 GHZ CPU. Just, nothing comes with the motherboard. Ah well, and yes you can because I have done it before I just don't remember how to do it.

You need an ethernet card/controller. No questions asked. I have no idea what you are talking about with not using one and being able to connect to the internet.

you should tell more about what you have. do you have a wired or wireless router. if you are the only one hooked/connected to it, then you should just get rid of the router, but tell me what kind you have.

drumthrasher said:
you should tell more about what you have. do you have a wired or wireless router. if you are the only one hooked/connected to it, then you should just get rid of the router, but tell me what kind you have.

why get rid of the router? Routers make the security better, most of them have very very good firewalls and other security features.

And an ethernet card doesn't cost much.

If his router supports a usb connection to it, then that would work. My Westell has both a usb and a lan connection.

ya thats what i was gona say seti, u can either do it thought a ethernet card or a usb port, there is no other way

Back
Top Bottom