Help?

Rissa

Beta member
I have a Dell Dimension 4550 computer.

x-x; I've been having this problem for some time now. Whenever I try to install anything, whether it's a spyware scanner to a stupid game, it doesn't let me. Something about the 'version' not being up to date. Doing this apparently affects my ability to open the task manager, because every way I try to, nothing happens. And when I try to open up the registry edit, I get this error:

error.png

The woman at Dell does not know what to do, nor have any of my friends seen this before. @-@ Help?

Get your original installation disc, and read this I have never seen the error myself either, but it seems to be related to a currupt system file. The system file checker should fix this issue. Let me know if it works.

My friend and I looked it up last night, and we have come to the conclusion that it is a worm known as bszip.dll. I looked in my system32 files, and sure enough, there it was.

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=43300

There's more info on the error. It may help now to know what it actually is. x-x; I downloaded Avast! and AVG virus scanners, and they both have found a rather.. large amount of .zip files that were a result of this fun little guy. I deleted them with both scanners, re-ran them, and they weren't there anymore. But the bszip.dll file was still there. Maybe I didn't get it all? Does someone know a manual way to remove it?

Fixed. My friend walked me through it, and apparently there were hidden folders. Regedit.com was one of them.

Back
Top Bottom