Help!!!

B1kesrule

In Runtime
right im getting an old RM for gree its got a 6gig hd and all that and im wanting to make it in to a gaming computer im going to need a new hd new ram new procecces a dvd rewriter/player and fire wire card usb crard and a network card
and if any one can recommend a nice outer shell for it.
if i do this will it be capable of playin my xbox over that online network thing(not xbox live) and playin cs source

[EDIT] plus graphics and sound card

thanks
alex

That old PC is useless. Your going to have to completely make a new PC.

Before you start being bombared with ideas, I strongly advise you go out and do some research. You have to decide :

1. Your budget
2. Intel or AMD
3. LGA775 (new intel socket) or Socket 478 (old intel socket), OR 939 (new amd socket) or 754 (old amd socket). Obviously, the old sockets are cheaper.
4. Using your budget, decide on a processor which will fit into your socket
5. Decide whether you want AGP (older) or PCI-E (newer)
6. Then decide on a motherboard
7. With the budget left:
Choose a graphics card on your selected platform
RAM (DDR or DDR2 depending on Intel or AMD)
Choose a hard drive IDE (older, cheaper), SATA (newer), SATA 2 (only on the latest motherboards)
Sound card (X-Fi is latest and most expensive) - Most motherboards have pretty decent on board sound though
Monitor
Choose a case (good cooling, don't just go for looks)
Disk drive (CD or DVD, etc)
Floppy (comes in handy sometimes)
In that order is usually best :D
8. Finally, with the final money left :
Speakers
Keyboard
Mouse

Then you can post the spec up if you need/want to. Do enough research, and be sure that components are best. You want to be able to make your own judgement, and decide whether it suits your needs.

You will need at least a 9600 Pro on ATi, or a 6600 on nVidia to play Counterstrike Source.

A GB of RAM would also be best for it, and an average speed processor.

PCI-e cards are generally cheaper than their respective AGP counterpart. So go PCI-e, plus it would be better for future proofing your new rig, since AGP is getting phased out.

Bascially, it's too old and slow. If you want, you can use the 6GB hard drive, put it in along side your newer one and store music on it :)

U can get some fun out of the old one. I mean, ever wanted to look inside a hdd? Ever wanted to try how fast u can through a cpu to the wall without braking it? Or u could try to oc it, make crazy cooling mods and see how far u get it, no worry about braking it. COME ON, the possibilities are endless! :D

U could use the cd drive and the hdd, but u would still need another hdd because the old on is so small. And u pretty much should have a dvd drive.

Back
Top Bottom