help

erythnul

Baseband Member
ok i'm my new computer that i put together today.... i didnt have a windows xp disc so i used my restore discs from my old computer and it installed xp and its working...but when i turn on my computer it says fozzconn then to a screen with all the info and ssays verifying dmi pool or somethin like that and it takes for ever ... my old computer never did this.. is there anything i can do to avoid this so it loads windows faster ?? please help

When you used your other computer Disc's ie the Recovery disc. That may have put drivers on the computer that it doesnt need. What i recomend is Pritty much takeing the old drivers out, and installing the mobo drivers and all your drivers, if that dont work. Ask a friend for windows xp professional disc. Thats about the best you could do. Not sure, but in fact im a noob so. Just try installing the drivers and what not, delete all that is not needed. Double check windows update as well and update. But seriously i advise getting windows xp disc. You bought the computer, you should be able to get a disc.

Like you say>>> the restore disk is for your old computer.............borrow a friend's CD, wipe out that installation and start with a clean start.

Back
Top Bottom