Help!

art.

Beta member
A little problem... Not on MY computer, but on somebody's that I know. PROBLEM:

Whenever he goes into Outlook Express, his printer will madly print off all messages in his inbox - Read or not. Sometimes the printed pages are not even messages, bit gibberish in other languages that do NOT appear in his inbox. The printer will continue to print off messages and garbage like that until there is no paper left, or the computer is restarted.

SYSTEM:

Dell 2400
Windows XP
Intel Celeron

He has tried unplugging the printer, Canselling all documents, etc. but none of that seems to work.

Does anybody have a possible solution?

Thanks, Art.

art. said:
A little problem... Not on MY computer, but on somebody's that I know. PROBLEM:

Whenever he goes into Outlook Express, his printer will madly print off all messages in his inbox - Read or not. Sometimes the printed pages are not even messages, bit gibberish in other languages that do NOT appear in his inbox. The printer will continue to print off messages and garbage like that until there is no paper left, or the computer is restarted.

SYSTEM:

Dell 2400
Windows XP
Intel Celeron

He has tried unplugging the printer, Canselling all documents, etc. but none of that seems to work.

Does anybody have a possible solution?

Thanks, Art.
You have to be puttimg us on.Who will beleive this wireless printer.
Oh My God what next.
:eek:
An unplugged printer can't possibly print,even 1 turned off can't.
:confused:

Ummmm...maybe he has a virus. I mean, there are ways to make a program do stuff like this...I'll look around and see if there is some virus that does this. But yeah, try what GeforcebOY said too...that might work...who knows. Anyway, lemme look around

Itsme

*EDIT - I looked around, and I couldn't find much. It's hard to search for a virus if you don't know its name ;). Anyway, if you can't figure it out, here are a few good online virus scanners:

housecall.antivirus.com (online scanner)
www.trendmicro.com (download; trial free)
www.mcafee.com (online scanner free [look around thei site for it])

Hopefully those will do it for you (if it is a virus...)

art. said:
NO idea. He has a new printer, so we'll see if that works...
He has tried unplugging the printer.
You didn't explain this ? does it still print unpluged ?
Buying a new printer is a copp out,why not see if it can be solved here?
The new printer might just do the same.
I don't see it as a "Printer problem" never did.

:eek:

No, I meant basically restarting the printer and plugging it back in. He bought the new printer only because the other one is getting old, not because of this problem.

art. said:
No, I meant basically restarting the printer and plugging it back in. He bought the new printer only because the other one is getting old, not because of this problem.
Boy i wish you could let me "plug it in"Mine is a few years old,working great.I would like to see this problem solved as it's not the printer,it's the user.So the new one might do the same some cloudy day.
:eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom