Hello and Help

Jackmenot

Beta member
Hello, first post here, however i do have some issues i need fixing.

I just recently upgraded my graphics card, and it was quite big, and it wouldnt quite fit into my system the way it was set up. So in order to make it fit, I had to remove the TV tuner that was in there, and reposition the SATA cables from my HD and CD/DVD drive. Now every time I boot up i get the BootMGR is missing message. This isn't huge deal since I can just restart, go under boot menu and select the right drive, however i would like to get it to where it boots automatically from the drive. So any help with that would be appreciated.

Now, problem two is with the CD/DVD drive, when i started up my system again after installing the card, i put the driver CD in for the card and it wouldnt read, and when i went to try to put the cd in it just doesn't read, nor does it actually spin in the drive when i tell the drive to close. Now when i did the rearranging I moved SATA 1 into 5, and SATA 2 to 6, 1 was the CD/DVD, 2 was the HDD. These are small but annoying problems that do need to be fixed soon. Hopefully I can get an answer here, so any questions please ask.

O and my specs

Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Nvidia 9800GTX+

Press del on reboot and enter the bios page you should be able to get the drive to boot from there.

Once you are booted up, go to Nvidia's website and download the latest drivers from there.

SATA 5 and 6 aren't on your RAID controller are they?

I think you'll find the problem lies there somewhere, any other SATA ports you can try?

EDIT: Also, check your manual, some boards have primary SATA ports that boot devices need to be connected to

SATA 5 and 6 aren't on your RAID controller are they?

I think you'll find the problem lies there somewhere, any other SATA ports you can try?

EDIT: Also, check your manual, some boards have primary SATA ports that boot devices need to be connected to

Well I got the HD to boot properly, however i can't get my CD to work still. As far as I can tell i have 6 sata ports, 2 are now covered by my GFX card and the other are occupied by the other drive and something else i beleive.

let me try to explain it again. I have the HDD working fine, windows boots up the normal way.

However when i had to move my DVD drive Sata cable to port 6 from port 2, the Drive ceased to work properly. The drive shows up in BIOs however, it does not work in the OS. Even though i can put discs in it, the OS will no longer read the discs. I might go ahead and get a new drive, however before I decide to do that i wan't to see if I can fix the problem before hand.

Maybe as A True Folder suggested, the SATA 6 port is on the RAID controller and it isn't being recognized by the OS.

ok so i had it working for a minute, not for long though. Showed up as G: Not sure how it happened but it did work for a second. However when i restarted my PC to make sure it was working it disappeared again.

Back
Top Bottom