Hello all...needing a little advice.

hitmanwa

Baseband Member
Hey all,

I wasn't sure where to put his so I hope this is ok. I'm just needing a little advice.

Problem:
At work I have a 3 gig DB file I need to send off. The problem is that the Co. that put the system together didn't have enough foresight to use a system other than NT which means no USB support for an external drive, etc. I'm afraid to try to install anything internal cause the system has proven to be so unstable. I do have PC Anywhere installed on that system and my system at home, which is using XP. I thought abt. using the file transfer utility in that but it will take near 4 days to move the file so I can burn it to a DVD. Zipped, the file is still over 700MB which is the standard size for a CDRW. I've tried using a splitter to split a zip file and really I don't know what else to try.

Anyone have any ideas that are quick, easy and relatively inexpensive?

Thanks in advance,
Hit

take the hdd out and slave it into your own p.c at home.
then once you have the file saved, rmove it nad slot it back into the original machine.
woz

Part of the problem is that the system is a Power Edge 1600SC using Ultra U320 SCSI Drives. I'll have to figure out a way to hook it up in my system.

Thanks for the advice,
Hit

Do you have a DVD drive you can put in?

Could you get a PC near it and connect it up to LAN?

If it's on LAN, what speed is the LAN?

Do you use the PC every day?

Back
Top Bottom