heatsink

pepzsoduh

In Runtime
so i'm planning on getting the amd phenom 2 x4 955 blac edition
and planning on o.c.ing it and i'm not 100% sure about using the stock cooler. any input about whether its good or not? also can someone plz give me some links to good AM3 socket heatsinks, planning on overclocking it by atleast .5 GHz

I wouldn't even think of overclocking with stock cooling, even if it's just a little bit. You need to have a better cooler on your cpu, and make sure you have adequate cooling in your case as well. At least 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan, 80mm would work but 120mm would probably be preferred. What is your case cooling situation?

CPU's can get hot quick, if you don't have good cooling you will end up damaging or burning up your expensive cpu.

im getting the xclio blackhawk full tower. im on an ipod touch rite now so i cant post a link. it has really good coolibg tho. ( 240 mm side fan, 2 120 mm front fans and 2 120 mm top fsns i think

Yea, that case has very good cooling.

The thing with the 955 BE is that you'll only need to raise the multiplier some to get a good overclock. That really wont create much more heat that the OEM heatsink can't handle. But if your going to try pushing it a bit harder, it would be best to get a good performing heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom