HDMI Suggestions...PC-TV Options

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Well, I just ordered myself a 50" Samsung plasma off of Fry's which finally dropped back down to around ~$930 shipped :D

Now I need to pick myself up some HDMI cables to:
1) Go from my GPU to my TV (~25ft)
2) Go from my upconverting DVD player to the TV (~6ft to be safe in case I'd ever do a wall mount; my parents have a plasma so I've already used the included one that came with my gfx card below...so yes, I do know that it came with one but I still need another)

So I've been digging around NewEgg and have found some pretty dang good deals. Here's what I THINK I'm going to get, barring you guys don't find something better:

The 25' - Firstly, my gfx card has a DVI-HDMI adapter. Should I use this and then get a standard HDMI-HDMI cable? I think I should just because who knows if it will ALWAYS be used with my computer...why limit myself by getting one that's HDMI-DVI...

So if that's the case (that'll I'll use the adapter), I'm thinking of getting this 25 footer by Link Depot

The 6' - And secondly, I'm tossed up between this Link Depot 6 footer that would keep the cables color-coordinated, or this Nippon Labs 6 footer that would be 2 bucks cheaper due to free shipping (not that big of a deal).

Let me know what you think...let me know any unforeseen problems!

Thanks everyone...can't wait to enjoy my 50" :D...I'll have to post some pictures :)

Zac

Back
Top Bottom