HDD Problems on my computer

Nimandir

Baseband Member
A few days ago, I made a topic about a problem I had with a Power Supply. Evidently, when it died out, it damaged my Motherboard. So, I moved everything I have over to another old Mobo I have sitting around. When I turn my computer on, I can't get it to find the hard drive that is plugged in. I've checked the power to it and it's plugged in. I've also checked the IDE cable and it's plugged in too. I checked CMOS and made set the Primary Master to Auto so it would search for it.

Also, on a side note, I don't have a good IDE cable for my 3 1/2 disk drive right now. The cable has a hole blocked so it will not fit. The second hole is blocked on the cable and my motherboard is made so the third one is blocked. Guess Compaq (the cable) doesn't get along with Gateway (mobo).

Most likely when the power supply went out it ruined some of your hardware, have any computers that do run? If so, try putting the hdd in there and see what happens, if it doesnt recognize it most likely it is damaged hardware. Also, are you sure your motherboard is compatible with that type of hdd? If its SATA or some of the sort, and the mobo only has ATA it is not compatible then.

Back
Top Bottom