HDD problems

VampTechZX

Beta member
I'm new here, hi how's it going.
But focusing on my problem, I have a portable, or as you would call it an external hard-drive, well had I suppose. The thing is this HD I used it to store important stuff, since one of my good friends from Colombia sent it to me, thing is, when it arrived it had a really bad connectivity, I think that's how you would call it.

I had to flip it, turn it, for minutes until the blue led little light started to blink rapidly, a month ago the USB port from the drive fell off.

I opened it, tried to fix it, failed. I left it on my desk, and called it a night, worst decision ever.

Next day after work, I tried looking for the little USB piece and guess what. I can't find it, so I thought.

'HEY ANDRES'
'What'
'It's a hard drive, why don't you make it an internal one? You could use the space!'
'Great Idea! Random pedophile accent guy on my head'

So yeah, is it possible? It's like a Laptop hardrive, it holds about 160 GB.

Please I need help, a lot of important things are stored here.. :hide:

P.s: I compared it's size to an Ipod touch 4th generation it's about the same, a little bit smaller and wider.

Last edited:
I would assume that the drive is a SATA. That being the case you should be able to mount it in a desktop case assuming also that you 1. have a slot to mount it in 2. have the connectors, which will be the same as a standard HDD and 3. have a mounting kit or specialized slot for smaller 2.5 HDDs as in some custom cases. The mounting kits are pretty cheap online. I would look on Newegg or Tigerdirect. Good Luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom