Hdd Password!!!

fireviper619

Beta member
I bought a toshiba satellite laptop on ebay for 50 bucks. Got it and the HDD has a password. Sell doesn't know what it is and I could not return it as it was sold as. (Fixed all problems with it). Anybody know a way to crack/reset the password on my drive? I had the model up satellite but it broke so I saved the HD and I installed Win 98 on it, but when I try to boot it up, it says HD I/O Error, so I gave it to a friend who gave it to one of his other friends, so I got nothing. It has to be under 600 MB, which is now hard to find for a laptop. Tried ebay. Nothing. HELP TO CRACK/DECODE/RESET PASSWORD OR TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A NEW HDD FOR A GOO PRICE!!!

fireviper619 said:
I bought a toshiba satellite laptop on ebay for 50 bucks. Got it and the HDD has a password. Sell doesn't know what it is and I could not return it as it was sold as. (Fixed all problems with it). Anybody know a way to crack/reset the password on my drive? I had the model up satellite but it broke so I saved the HD and I installed Win 98 on it, but when I try to boot it up, it says HD I/O Error, so I gave it to a friend who gave it to one of his other friends, so I got nothing. It has to be under 600 MB, which is now hard to find for a laptop. Tried ebay. Nothing. HELP TO CRACK/DECODE/RESET PASSWORD OR TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A NEW HDD FOR A GOO PRICE!!!
your first prob is you bought a laptop for 50 bucks maybe you could format the hardrive and reload the operating system back on it

The only way I can think of that a hard drive could have a password is through the BIOS. Windows doesn't have any setting for that (that I know of). Find out who made the BIOS (the logo should show up somewhere at startup or in the BIOS options), and contact them to find out how to reset the password.

to reset the BIOS open up the comp and take out the BIOS battery then leave it out for a few hours, put it back in and it should work

TheEdge said:
to reset the BIOS open up the comp and take out the BIOS battery then leave it out for a few hours, put it back in and it should work

Yeah, but surely that wont reset the password.

An HDD password is porbably a passord from a software before booting up. Try booting from the CD-ROM and destroy the partition using FDISK. Then use:

FORMAT C:

This should work

it's not the HDD that has a password it's your MOBO/BIOS. usally there is some pins on the MOBO to reset the password. taking out the BIOS battery should work also .

Fdisk Wont even detect the hard drive because of the password. It is not the Bios because I put the hard drive in another laptop, and it did the same thing, it says that the password has a hard drive. So what I did was I took an external usb 2.5 inch hd enclosue and put it on my win xp machine, and win xp also could not detect the hard drive. I called stupid toshiba and they wanted 85 dollars an hour and 58 deposit and it is not certified to work. If anybody is selling around 500-600mb hd, tell me and I will buy it for a good price.

All you want is 500 to 600MB HD for a laptop? Heh my dad bought like a 5 gig for 30 bucks once.

Back
Top Bottom