HD Videos = Fuzzy Picture

xkrazzy

In Runtime
I recently built a new system and everything has been working perfectly, but I just downloaded some 720p/1080p videos and they appear to be a little fuzzy. My system was running a resolution of 1920x1080 with a refresh rate of 60 Hz. I lowered the refresh rate down to 50 Hz and the video looked much better but it still wasn't as perfect as my previous system and display. The new display that I'm using along with the new system has a max refresh rate of 75 Hz, but in my settings I can only go up to 60 Hz. I tried using ReForce to force it up to 75 Hz, but it either didn't work or just didn't improve the video quality.

I should also mention that I'm using 2x ATI 5850's in crossfire along with a Samsung BX2350 LED backlit display. I tried installing the monitor drivers and playing around with the ATI Catalyst Control Center, but it was no help.

This is the first time I've experienced this problem. Video games run perfectly fine and the picture quality is great, but for some reason HD movies and my setup just don't get along. I have tested many HD movies, several of which were also on the older system, so I know for a fact that is not related to the quality of the video files.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have a 1080,but i don't think 1920 x 1080 is realistic.
I use 1280 x 1024 ,
Check your monitor (video card ) allowed.
I also have a refresh of 75.The more the better.
Note : My full screen videos are excellent.

I use 1280 x 1024 ,

I tried it but it didn't help the video quality.

I use 1280 x 1024 ,

If you are running 1280x1024 your videos arent playing at 1080p, they are having to be down sized to match your resolution. Having a resolution of 1920x1080 is 'realistic' if you monitor supports it and you have a half decent system.

It could be the video files xkrazzy, what movie player are you using?

It could be the video files xkrazzy, what movie player are you using?

I'm using Media Player Classic, but I also tried Windows Media Player. As for the files, they cannot be the problem because as I mentioned earlier I'm having this issue with many different HD videos, several of which were also on my other system and worked perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom