HD Question

riverstyz

Baseband Member
Okay, I have two HDs in my computer, one is primary and the other is secondary. My secondary holds what is basically 15 years of work. I want to change my primary (which is a 70 GB) into a 250 GB.

Is there anyway I can switch my primary HD with a new one without touching or reformating my secondary (which is very important)?

yes u can.

Just when u are installing windows to the new primary hdd don't do anything to the partitions.

So then it shouldn't have any effect in ur 2nd hdd.

And ofcourse if u want to be 110% sure u can just take out both of the old hdd, put the new one in and install windows on it. And then when it's done u can put the old one (the one with ur work) in there. This way all of ur work is out of the pc when u install windows.

And though u should not lose them when changing the primary hdd, u might still want to make backups since other crap can happen.

to be truly safe I would pull out the second hard drive. Then install windows(needs to be the same version such as xp or 2000) then put the hard drive back in the secondary slot. that should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom