Have I got everything? gaming PC

KE12

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm attempting to build my own gaming computer and I am on the verge of clicking buy on the parts, but I've stared at the screen for a few hours checking all of the components for compatibility and other small bits and bobs but I'm not an expert so i could really do with your help / final check to make sure Ive got everything required.

Motherboard.
MSI Z87-G43 ATX
CPU
Intel Core i5-4670 S1150 3.4GHz 6MB (Cooler included, may upgrade in future)
GPU
PowerColor PCS+ Radeon HD 7950 Boost Edition 3GB
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (8gb)
PSU
Corsair CX750
DVD tray / rom
Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive
Hardrive
1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive - HDD (Ill eventually get around to a SSD when I have the dough)
Wireless network adapter
Gigabyte GC-WB300D Bluetooth 4.0/Wi-Fi Expansion Card
Sound card
On Motherboard

So thats what I have come up with, I do have one or two other fans to help cool the case that I have but they are cheap, I don't intend on immediately over clocking so I don't believe I'll need any additional cooling systems other than whats included.

If you could just check them and make sure I haven't done something stupid e.g put a graphics card on a motherboard that wont support it, it would be fantastic! Or if you have any recommendations on things i should change it would be equally appreciated.

Thanks if you have read this far and another thanks to anyone who replies!

Seems like you have everything but I would in futer if you want go with the cool master hyper 212 evo very good cooler for £25

Thanks for your response!

What case have you chosen?

In response to your question, i have decided to save some money for now and use a simple cheap CiT vantage. I know they aren't the best but I'm happy as long as it holds my things in place. I know my decision to go for a cheap case chance to come back and bite me on my butt at a later date but I have to save money somewhere and I would rather good guts to a beaut of a case.

Anyhow, thanks for your response again

Thanks for your replies!
for a cheap case it actually looks surprisingly good.

Is the I5 i "K" version? (Core i5-4670K)

Hey, yeah i paid extra for the unlocked version, but I'm yet to get a better cooler to overclock it.

very good. the K version is also faster by default. it's (as far as i remember) 100-200 mhz faster then it's locked counter part.
You can still slightly overclock it with the stuck cooler, but more then ruffly 400 mhz, you should get a better cooler.
as rowcon suggested the 212 evo is a great (and popular) cooler for the money.

When I was checking out the benchmarks on the I5 the none K version actually came back as the faster device, by the skin of its teeth, but i suppose when you have the chance to over clock the K variant then it will blow it out of the water. Also, i've looked into the coolers and will probably invest in the model recommended when i get the cash.
Thanks for your response again.

No problem. ask away ^^
i just looked into the i5K vs non K. they are both clocked the same.
my bad. sorry.

Back
Top Bottom