It has been done!

Aecliptic

In Runtime
Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com. Your order will be processed and shipped in about 24-48 hours. Below is your confirmation. Please keep a copy for your records.

MB ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP GREEN - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$269.99)

Extended Warranty Fee: $0
Subtotal: $269.99
TAX: $0
Shipping and Handling Charge**: $7.32
Total: $277.31

Well, I am now fully committed to getting this new PC. Step 1 is officially complete!

By the way, in the event that I dont get the board with the updated BIOS chip... how will I know? What error will I get when booting up the PC?

Aecliptic said:
By the way, in the event that I dont get the board with the updated BIOS chip... how will I know? What error will I get when booting up the PC?

ASus motherboards come with a utility called "asus update" install it from the disc provided with the mothreboard.
there will not be any errors, as the motherboard does not automatically know that there is a new bios out there.
once you install the update utility, it will tell you which bios version you're running, then you can go to asus.com click on support and find the available bios for your motherboard, and see if you need to flash the bios.

I already know which BIOS version I will need to get to run the Conroe chip, but thanks Zaki... I wasnt sure about where to see which BIOS is on the board.

awesome.

For me the most important thing is to get everything working, after that Ill just flash the drive with the most recent BIOS update. Cause I dont really know how to flash a drive manually.

Back
Top Bottom