Has anyone used Microsofts Virtual PC

blackjack

Fully Optimized
I'm toying with the idea of dual booting but don't want to partition my HDD so has anyone used VPC and what is it like?

I'm toying with the idea of dual booting but don't want to partition my HDD so has anyone used VPC and what is it like?

Great piece of software overall, the drivers for it can be poorly written though, specifically the network ones.

It's what I use right now :)

Great piece of software overall, the drivers for it can be poorly written though, specifically the network ones.

It's what I use right now :)

Its free download right? is it easy to install and set up? I have a gig of ram an 160G HDD OS XP HOME how much ram do I allocate for installing Vista on it?

Its free download right? is it easy to install and set up? I have a gig of ram an 160G HDD OS XP HOME how much ram do I allocate for installing Vista on it?

Yes its free just google it. Dont worry bout how much ram u have to allocate there is a wizard that automatically tells u the amount of ram u should use and the virtual hard drive space u should use.

Like a real computer, I'd allocate 1GB of ram to vista, if not 2GB or more.

just figure sort out the whole xp/vista/ubuntu/partition problems first blackjack then dual boot :)
although virtual pc's are good, just depends what you wanted to do on them really. but they are good for nearly everything

Back
Top Bottom