Hardware or Windows problem?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
A week or so ago, i posted a thread saying my keyboard doesnt work when i turn on my computer.

My computer detects it.
it glows like it suppose to
i would have to uninstall the keyboard, then unplug and replug to get it working.
It keeps working until i turn off the computer and turn it back on.

Now, is one part of my hardware going bad, or is it just windows?
i used 2 slots of the USB already.
I use a 32 bit XP Pro.

Well it depends. Is your keyboard a PS2 keyboard or usb? Try something else in that slot. I know on my dads old computer his ports were all screwed up.. they worked depending on how hard you pushed them in. :p Try another keyboard in there, or try the keyboard on another computer. Try it in another port if it's usb. I highly doubt it's windows though.

A week or so ago, i posted a thread saying my keyboard doesnt work when i turn on my computer.

My computer detects it.
it glows like it suppose to
i would have to uninstall the keyboard, then unplug and replug to get it working.
It keeps working until i turn off the computer and turn it back on.

Now, is one part of my hardware going bad, or is it just windows?
i used 2 slots of the USB already.
I use a 32 bit XP Pro.
It could be your usb drivers, they may need updated. Do you have another pc you can try the keyboard on? Maybe try getting ahold of one of those usb to ps/2 adapters and try that.

Its an USB keyboard, its an Saitek Eclipse.
I used an PS/2 Adapter, and it doesnt seem to work, it doesnt glow or anything IIRC when i plugged it in a few months back.
I dont have another keyboard, the only other thing i can plug into is my laptop.
I have used 2 USB ports already.

When I got home and turned on my computer, it worked, then I turned it off after a couple hour later, and took a nap, then when I woke up and turned it on, it doesnt work.
I went to the device manager and right clicked the Yellow exclamation mark, and got this

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I dont think my keyboard really needs to DL drivers.
From what i have heard, none of the regular Eclipse came with a CD to install drivers, and they never found drivers for this specific keyboard. I never had to go and download drivers before, and I had this keyboard for almost a year. When it says found new hardware, I told it to find it itself, and it installs the drivers that way.

I dont see any of the drivers thats for my keyboard. This is what I have.

Back
Top Bottom